California  |  Criminal Law

Would it help my case if I get a lawyer to help me get out of probation by serving jail time for my misdemeanor. Woud it help me by serving less time ?

Answered on: 7/13/13, 5:46 am by Kelvin Green

The idea of probation is to keep you out of jail. Not sure why you woul want this You need to get an attorney and work through this. Just keep in mind there are other reasons for probation and it may be in your best interest to have probation.

The Law Office of Kelvin Green . California Bar #286285, CA ..

Answered on: 7/18/13, 10:37 am by Anthony Roach

I agree with Mr. Green. Probation is a condition where the judge issues a sentence, but suspends it on the condition that you behave and comply with the terms of probation. When probation is violated, the judge has the legal authority to impose the entire sentence.

Everyone I know would prefer probation over jail time. I'm not sure what you are driving at?

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311