Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I have not yet been charged with anything, I took around $800 from my previous employer, This is a first time and they are looking into legal actions, what should I do, can I avoid jail time? I live in Palm Springs, CA

Asked on 6/22/13, 4:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What you should do is consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney immediately. Anything you do on your own can only hurt you. Remember your Miranda rights. You have a right to remain silent. Insist upon it. Let an attorney do the talking. Anything you say will either be considered an admission or an inconsistent statement. Also do not let anyone search you, your vehicle, or your residence without a search warrant. You have the right to do so under the Fourth Amendment. Use it.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/13, 6:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now