Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

i have a court date on 7/25/2013 to face petty theft charges 488. i need more time to look for a lawyer and was told i could ask for an extension and i would like to know how i get one?

Asked on 7/25/13, 2:07 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

When you go to court, wait for your case to be called, and ask the judge for more time.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/13, 5:01 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

By asking the judge when you appear. It would help if you had asked your question before your court date, so you could have gotten the answer in time.

Now that you probably have an extension, if you are serious about hiring an attorney, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/13, 9:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now