Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

What does my court minute order mean?

Disposition was 2 year misdemeanor probation. I requested for early termination of probation. Judge granted it recently. Court minute order says:

PROBATION IS ORDERED TERMINATED PURSUANT TO SECTION 1203.3 PENAL COD. PLEA OF GUILTY OR CONVICTION IS SET ASIDE. A PLEA OF NOT GUILTY IS ENTERED. CASE IS DISMISSED PURSUANT TO SECTION 1203.4 PENAL CODE.

Does it mean my records are going to be expunged automatically? as per 1203.4? Or I have to do it now separately? If I do, how much does it cost with/without attorney. What good does it do to pay fees and hire attorney for the purpose than doing it myself?

Patrick McNeal Law Offices of Patrick D. McNeal

Re: What does my court minute order mean?

It sounds as if the Court has already granted your wish. The conviction has already been set aside, and the case has been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4, therefore there really is nothing more to do..You should keep a copy of your case for future reference if needed because many courts are destroying their files after 5-7 years,,,,,,,,,,good luck pdm

Robert Miller Robert L. Miller & Associates, A Law Corporation

Thanks for your inquiry. Your order seems to indicate that the court expunged your conviction, after terminating probation. This is a good thing - and you should not have to do a separate motion for an expungement.

Best of luck.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California