Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Is it possible to have two criminal records? My boyfriend was arrested on July 27th 2013. It was said that he had a warrant order from 2005. I went online to check my boyfriends criminal record and no where did I find any warrant charges. Now when he got arrested the officer mentioned another date of birth to him, that was different from my boyfriends date of birth I went online and tried checking his record once again with the different date of birth and sure enough it showed they had a warrant order. Now how is it possible that they have information on one individual under two different criminal records?

It sounds to me like they have two different matters for two different individuals with the same name.

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

I agree with Mr. Roach. It's also possible that somebody made a mistake and created a file for your boyfriend with the wrong birth date, and that nobody has corrected the error. Mr. Roach's explanation seems more likely, especially if your boyfriend has a common name.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY