Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

D.A.reject?

I am being charged w/two mis-demeanors:grand theft+tresspassing.I have(had)a co-defendant w/the same charges(originally a fel.+mis.)my friend was on parole and remains in custody.Iappeared in court as I was obligated to but my friend did not.I later found out he was given a da reject+an order for release.he had an attourney I had a pub.def.and was offered a lesser charge.as we were c-def.should'ntmy charges be rejected as well?

Victor Hobbs Victor E. Hobbs

Re: D.A.reject?

If you're both equally at fault, you should be getting the same treatment from the court.

However, there are numerous nuances in the fact patterns of each of your involvement in the crime. Your co-defendant may be facing a parol violation, and may have cut a deal due to his departure for prison on the chain.

There are so many factual factors that can go into the charges filed and a sentence. I'd advice you to talk to your attorney, who happened to be a Public Defender.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California