Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

my daughter and her girlfriend and my daughters African American boyfriend pulled into a fast food drive Restaurant to use the bathroom the two girls got out when in the bathrooms out of order so they both ran across the street to try another restaurant when they came out thay see police giving the boyfriend a hard tim e . they get scared and run, another police car pulls up and takes them into custody... they're told you're getting arrested for solicitation they were booked in charge and released in paper jumpsuit when asked where their close were ,they were told that they would be used as evidence .... my daughter and her friend and boyfriend and friends for years they all went to school together and the clothes the police confiscated wear shorts and tank tops... will you please tell me why the hell this is happening! because my daughter is not soliciting herself never has and never will

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

For 'why' you'll have to ask the DA after you review all the police reports. Except that YOU don't get to ask, only she or her attorney. The answer is actually,'because they think they can convict.

When charged with any crime, the proper questions are, can any evidence obtained in a test, search or statement be used against you, can you be convicted, and what can you do? While this isn't a 'capital case', it certainly carries potential ‘time’, so handle it right. If you don't know how to represent yourself effectively against an experienced prosecutor intending to convict, then hire an attorney who does, who will try to get a dismissal, charge reduction, diversion, programs, or other decent outcome through motions, plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. I’ll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses and sympathies there may be.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California