Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

My daughter made a deal with a police officer and was released from jail 2 weeks early. After thinking about the deal she made (verbal) she is afraid that if she goes through with it she could be arrested. She is supposed to buy drugs from a dealer for the police. She does not trust this officer not to arrest her for possession after the buy. The officers is now threatening to charge her with a violation and says she will have to spend her full 3 year sentence in prison. Is this legal? What recourse does she have?

Asked on 3/20/13, 11:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She might best protect herself by retaining an attorney so the attorney can provide documentation about the agreement in the event she get arrested.

Read more
Answered on 3/21/13, 9:15 am
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It sounds like a classic case of entrapment to me, which is a problem in and of itself, especially since the United States Supreme Court cannot even intelligently define "entrapment."

Read more
Answered on 3/22/13, 10:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now