California  |  Criminal Law

My daughter made a deal with a police officer and was released from jail 2 weeks early. After thinking about the deal she made (verbal) she is afraid that if she goes through with it she could be arrested. She is supposed to buy drugs from a dealer for the police. She does not trust this officer not to arrest her for possession after the buy. The officers is now threatening to charge her with a violation and says she will have to spend her full 3 year sentence in prison. Is this legal? What recourse does she have?

Answered on: 3/21/13, 9:15 am by Elena Condes

She might best protect herself by retaining an attorney so the attorney can provide documentation about the agreement in the event she get arrested.

LAW OFFFICE OF ELENA CONDES 1010 Grayson Street Berkeley, CA 94710

Answered on: 3/22/13, 10:17 am by Anthony Roach

It sounds like a classic case of entrapment to me, which is a problem in and of itself, especially since the United States Supreme Court cannot even intelligently define "entrapment."

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311