California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/15/13, 11:35 am

My ex-girl friend has stolen my car. When I tried to report it to the Hayward Ca. Police dept. I was told that I had to send a certified letter to her last known mailing address, wait 10 days, and if no response I could then file a report. My question is, what do I do If I don't know her last mailing address and If I did, and she didn't sign for the letter. What is my recourse?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/15/13, 9:41 pm by Zadik Shapiro

I have never heard of such a requirement, but your questions should go to the Hayward Police Department.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro 15 Boardman Pl. San Francisco, CA 94103

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search