Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

can i file a petition for dismissal for a family member or friend

Asked on 11/21/12, 2:32 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If by "file" you mean only "bring it to the clerk's office", then yes. If you mean "prepare and sign it as if I were a lawyer even though I'm not", then no.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/12, 2:51 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are a licensed attorney, sure. But you wouldn't be asking if you were.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/12, 3:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now