California  |  Criminal Law

I just found out that the prosecutor and or officers fabricated evidence, of a crime, by charging me with a crime that apparently happened in another state. What Can I do? (Honestly, because it appears to me that Lawyers Duties are their BAR/Court License 1st then Client 2nd)

I also believe they denied do process by NOT handing over ALL the alleged evidence...

Answered on: 9/15/13, 10:06 pm by John Laurie

You need to hire an attorney who can go over this with you. you should not represent yourself

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356

Answered on: 9/16/13, 10:32 am by Edward Hoffman

I agree with Mr. Laurie. Let me add three comments.

First, your focus should be on defending yourself against the charges rather than pursuing misconduct charges against the authorities. There will probably be time for that later. Protecting yourself must be your top priority.

Second, it's possible that the authorities have made an honest mistake. That happens much more often than deliberate misconduct. After all, if the crime actually occurred in a different state, the authorities pursuing you could just report it to their colleagues in the other state. They have little reason to pursue bogus charges against you, especially if there are real charges that someone else could pursue.

Third, there may still be time for the authorities in the other state to prosecute you. There may be things you can do that would increase (or decrease) the odds that this will happen. Competent defense counsel can help you manage that risk while defending you against the existing charges.

Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman 11755 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1250 Los Angeles, CA 90025

Answered on: 9/17/13, 12:47 pm by Terry A. Nelson

First you must defend and win against the charges before you think about 'misconduct'. Your text is not at all clear what those charges are, or whether you have any defenses or grounds for motions.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses and sympathies there may be.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648