California  |  Criminal Law

A friend of mine was recently charged with a violation of a restraining order (writing a letter to the ex-wife). We were able to have the letter examined by a handwriting expert and it showed (my friend) was not the person who wrote the letter to the person (ex-wife)that has the RO against him. When we went to the scheduled court hearing on the matter, we were told by our lawyer that it was "taken off calendar at the city attorney's request." What does that mean?

Answered on: 9/19/13, 5:05 pm by BARRY BESSER

It sounds like the hearing was scheduled in criminal court rather than family court. However, based on what you have indicated, I can't tell if the matter actually got dismissed, or just postponed. I presume that you have asked your attorney? If not, you should.

BARRY BESSER

www.besserlaw.com

LAW OFFICES OF BARRY I. BESSER 5000 Birch Street, West Tower, Ste. 3000 Newport Beach, CA 92660

Answered on: 9/19/13, 5:24 pm by Phillip Wheeler

I assume there was either a dismissal or a postponement. Happens all the time. Contact your attorney to see what is going on. If no attorney, contact the Superior Court with the docket number (if you have one).

Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law- caonlinelawyer.com P.O. BOX 665 Morro Bay, CA 93443-0665

Answered on: 9/19/13, 8:42 pm by Zadik Shapiro

Assuming that it was in the criminal court and assuming that another date was not set it probably means that the case was dismissed.

Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro 15 Boardman Pl. San Francisco, CA 94103