Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

The judge ruled in my favor and suppressed all evidence and observations against me in my case. The judge even overturned my arrest. My attorney said the case was going to get dropped. At trial readiness my attorney went in the back room with the DA and judge, I never had the opportunity to even go in the court room. My attorney came out in a rush, telling me "I have to go, your trial date was confirmed". My attorney will not talk to me anymore. What do I do? File a writ of prohibition?

Asked on 7/31/13, 6:27 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Why don't you find out if your case was dismissed first, before jumping to conclusions? You can do this by going to the clerk's office and requesting a printout of all criminal minute orders in your case.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 6:39 pm
Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Then talk with your attorney. If that doesn't work get a new one

Read more
Answered on 7/31/13, 6:47 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the trial date was 'confirmed' the case is NOT dismissed, but that is contradictory to "all evidence" being suppressed and the arrest "overturned". It makes no sense.

If you have a pending trial date and your attorney won't talk to you, that is a real problem. Consult with other attorneys to find someone to take over the case, or at least investigate what is really the status.

If serious about hiring counsel, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/13, 1:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now