California  |  Criminal Law

Judge told me i have to come with a attorney & if i dont i would need to represent myself and in 35itll get into trial. i wasnt able to afford an attorney and i have court tomorrow morning.

i have evidence & paperwork to show that the charges that was put against me are false. how would i be able to submit it so the judge can sde ?

Answered on: 9/23/13, 7:46 pm by Anthony Roach

If you cannot afford an attorney, you should have asked the court to appoint the public defender to represent you. Representing yourself in criminal defense and probate matters is the most foolish thing you can ever do.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311

Answered on: 9/24/13, 11:12 am by Edward Hoffman

You should have asked for a public defender long ago. Waiting until the night before trial before asking how to use your evidence was an even bigger mistake.

The rules of evidence and of criminal procedure are complicated. So is substantive criminal law. It takes three years of full-time law school plus years of practice to become an expert in these fields. This website cannot possibly give you enough guidance.

By now your trial may have already begun. I hope you asked for a public defender, and I hope the court agreed despite the delays.

Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman 11755 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1250 Los Angeles, CA 90025