California  |  Criminal Law

About November 2012, a car driving by my house had its rear window shattered in front of my street. My friend and I were playing with BB guns and accidentally shot the passing car. Naturally that person called the police but I was inside the house and they didn't know what happened. Months later I had a bbgun in my car and was pulled over for a traffic stop and the police confiscated the bb gun. They found out my address and linked the nov 2012 incident to me asking if that was me and apparently I said I did it admitting guilt. However I was referring to a different incident when I accidentally shattered a neighbors window and that had already been taken care of. Now I got a letter in the mail from an attorney saying because I admitted that I did it I have to pay the person $10,000. I never had a police report or had a case from the incident so they have no solid proof that I shattered the car window but just words that I admitted to a random police officer when I was pulled over months later.

Answered on: 7/08/13, 11:47 am by Anthony Roach

You had better take that letter and speak to an attorney. You are not clear on whether this letter is for an arraignment, or simply a civil demand from a private attorney.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311

Answered on: 7/08/13, 6:54 pm by Kelvin Green

Agreed. You need an attorney. Stop admitting this to everyone as it is admissible against you.

The Law Office of Kelvin Green . California Bar #286285, CA ..