Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

the police have a ramey warrant on me what does that mean and how should i handle it. they think i did a burglary and want to ask me questions i called the county criminal clerk office and they had no warrant on file they said it could be a ramey which means the are trying to gather evadenice to take to the DA this happened over a month ago.

Asked on 10/27/12, 1:40 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

David M. Wallin Law Offices OF David M. Wallin
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should immediately contact a qualified criminal defense attorney, and, until you have retained the attorney of your choosing, NOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, of law enforcement. As a Former Deputy District Attorney and a Certified Criminal Law Specialist, that has doing criminal defense for about 20 years, we have successfully stopped criminal charges from being filed in many cases. The cases where we have been most successful is where our client says nothing to anyone, other than my office. If you want to speak to me by phone, for a FREE CONSULTATION, contact me at 661-267-1313........I wish you well................David Wallin

Read more
Answered on 10/27/12, 3:03 am
Joe Dane Law Office of Joe Dane
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A Ramey warrant is when the police get a warrant from a judge before charges are filed. It cn be so they can ge a statement from you, prints from you or try and link you to the case somehow. If you are picked up on the warrant or contacted in any way by law enforcement, keep your mouth shut and ask for a lawyer. Don't say ANYTHING.

You need a good criminal defense attorney. I'd strongly suggest you find someone who focuses on criminal law and who routinely practices in the court where this case will be heard.

Please pardon any typos - posted via mobile device.

Read more
Answered on 10/27/12, 6:42 am
Theresa Hofmeister Theresa Hofmeister, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

a consensus ... best to get a lawyer immediately ... don't speak to law enforcement, at least not without your attorney present. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 10/27/12, 9:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now