Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Can someone I probation serve jail time to get off of probation.

Asked on 7/12/13, 2:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are on probation for a misdemeanor you may put yourself, or have a lawyer do it, on calendar and tell the judge that you want to refuse the remainder of your probation and that you want to be sentenced. Depending on the number of credits you have and the particular misdemeanor you were convicted of, the judge may sentence you to serve the remainder of one year in jail. If its a felony you may be sentenced to state prison.

Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 12:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now