Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

prop 36 elidgible?

i have a drug charge felony pending in one county that states im prop. 36 inelidgible,and have been offered prop 36 in another co. for a misdeameanor. does not the judge have descretion to give it,if desired?

Jacek W. Lentz Law Offices of Jacek W. Lentz

Re: prop 36 elidgible?

In theory, grounds for Prop 36 are legal/technical and by statute you are either eligible or not, cut and dry. In practice, a good attorney often can fudge/do certain things to make a defendant eligible even if he/she is not supposed to be. Also, the judge could "overlook" certain things in the record to make one qualify. While I do not know the facts of your situation and I cannot offer you a more precise opinion without knowing more, it sounds like you need an attorney. The outcome to shoot for in your case would be to roll both cases into a single Prop. 36 program where you reside, if not better.

Jacek W. Lentz

310.273.1361

www.lentzlawfirm.com

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL