California  |  Criminal Law

I was recently arrested and charged with possession of ecstasy with intent to sell. I sold two ecstasy pills to an undercover cop and had two more on me. I am 19 and this is my first time being charged with anything like this. I wanted to know what to expect during my sentencing and what I can do to prepare myself.

Answered on: 10/27/13, 10:53 pm by David M. Wallin

As a Former Deputy District Attorney with over 25 years handling cases like yours, I would want to hear many more facts. Do you have a record ? What's in the police report about what law enforcement had heard about the extent of your selling drugs. There are other facts I would want to know, so that I could give you the very best advise possible. Maybe you could get the charges reduced. Spesk to an attoney qualified to handle a case like yours. I wish you well...................David Wallin

Law Offices OF David M. Wallin 3 LOCATIONS Palmdale-victorville-valencia, CA 93551

Answered on: 10/28/13, 12:04 am by Zadik Shapiro

I agree with Mr. Wallin. There is a lot more we need to know. Are you anywhere near sentencing? Have you plead guilty? Did you go to trial? Is there a plea agreement? Do you have an attorney? If so ask this question to the attorney who is in a much better position than we are to answer the question. If you have not plead guilty you should not be discussing the facts of the case on line or with anyone else, other than your attorney.

Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro 15 Boardman Pl. San Francisco, CA 94103

Answered on: 10/28/13, 11:21 am by Steven Mandell

Most criminal attorneys give a free consultation. You should have at least one with an experienced criminal lawyer before deciding how to proceed. As discussed above, there are many factors that will affect the outcome of your case, and they should be discussed with a criminal lawyer. If you'd like to meet with me, don't hesitate to call for a free consultation. Good luck. Steve Mandell 310 393 0639

Law Offices of Steven R. Mandell 1541 Ocean Avenue, Suite 200 Santa Monica, CA 90401-2199