Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

What goes on your record if you plead guilty to possession of a controlled substance in federal court?

Asked on 6/09/13, 10:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Randy Collins MacGregor & Collins, LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your criminal record will reflect a conviction for possession of a controlled substance. The fact that the conviction is for a federal offense versus a violation of state law does not prevent the conviction from appearing on your record. The federal code section that was violated will appear when your criminal history is reported.

To receive information that is specific to your case, it may be in your best interest to contact one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys at 949-250-6097.

Read more
Answered on 6/09/13, 11:05 am
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Whatever charge you plead to and are then convicted of.

Read more
Answered on 6/09/13, 1:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now