California  |  Criminal Law

i was trying to seek an attorney around me area for my case and when i call them i dont want to give out my real name to i told them a fake name to discuss about the problem with them, can that be consider scam or anything? since i dont want to give out my personal info yet

Answered on: 12/28/12, 4:31 pm by Anthony Roach

It's not a scam but attorneys don't like being lied to either. Clients have attorney client privilege and attorney client confidentiality when speaking to an attorney, so after I explain that and a client continues to lie to me, I figure it is a red flag and try to get rid of that client as soon as possible.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311

Answered on: 12/28/12, 5:53 pm by Brian McGinity

Mr. Roach is correct and has provided you with excellent information. When you call and/or meet with an attorney to discuss a case. In California the attorney/client privilege and the duty to maintain the client's confidentiality triggers immediately when discussing a legal matter. Even if you do not hire that attorney they can not talk about it. The duty of client confidentiality has already attached. In other words, your worries are really not a problem. When you are calling around and shopping for representation the information you tell the attorney is protected information.

Good luck

McGinity Law Office Alhambra Drive Cameron Park, 95682