California  |  Criminal Law

I am from Southern California, San Bernardino County. I was arrested last March for a DUI when I was 20, but I was only convicted of a Wet Reckless. I was just arrested last night for a DUI again. I am now 21. What could I be facing? Is there any chance I won't get the same punishment for a second offense DUI due to the fact that the first time I was convicted of a Wet Reckless?

Answered on: 8/29/13, 12:19 pm by Joe Dane

Sorry. A wet reckless counts as a prior DUI for both the criminal case as well as the DMV. You're looking at a second. You're also looking at a one year license suspension.

You need a good criminal defense attorney. I'd strongly suggest you find someone who focuses on criminal law and who routinely practices in the court where this case will be heard.

Law Office of Joe Dane 850 E. Chapman Ave., Suite C Orange, CA 92866

Answered on: 8/29/13, 6:18 pm by Anthony Roach

I agree with Mr. Dane.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311