Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

For throwing a rock and breaking a picture on a house which equals destruction of property, will I receive court summary/UNsupervised probation? Cost of the damage is MINOR. Was just a regular old picture that was beneath a glass frame...

Asked on 6/08/13, 11:31 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq. Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is really going to be up to the judge. It depends on why the rock was thrown. Did you intend to cause damage or was it a mistake. If it was intentional, the judge could be harsh. If you have any priory then it could be a different outcome.

This is general information only and based upon limited information. Facts that could change the outcome have not been evaluated.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/13, 11:39 pm
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on the court and your priors. If you have an attorney you may want to see if he can work out what is known as a civil compromise.

Read more
Answered on 6/09/13, 4:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now