Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I am a victim of internet fraud crime.

I paid a seller from California $250 via paypal for a product over 2 years ago. Original agreement was to have my product shipped to me within 2 months of payment. The seller closed his website last year, and since then communication with him has been rare and difficult.

I have been trying to get my product from him for over two years by requesting updates through email and messaging, but this seller has kept putting it off with empty promises of my order updates.

I am one of many other victims of this seller.

How can I resolve this?

This is a problem.

Basically, the law allows you to sue for breach of contract - because he is not performing - or sue for fraud - arguing that he never intended to perform and just absconded with your money.

The problem with a breach of contract action is that the only economical place to litigate it would be in small claims. It is too cost prohibitive for you to travel here to litigate a small claims case, so I suggest checking whether a small claims court in Maryland could properly have jurisdiction over a California defendant.

If that is not feasible, you may want to find a class action attorney to represent you along with the other victims for a lawsuit for fraud against this seller.

Good luck!

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California