California  |  Criminal Law

if i have a warrant for felony possesion of heroin there wasnt even enough to test it but my queestion is if i was pulled over in colorado would my california warrant show up

Answered on: 10/02/13, 5:23 pm by Edward Hoffman

Yes, unless somebody makes a serious mistake.

Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman 11755 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1250 Los Angeles, CA 90025

Answered on: 10/04/13, 2:26 am by Terry A. Nelson

Absolutely. You'd be arrested and held for extradition if you come in contact with law enforcement anywhere..

To handle a warrant, you MUST turn yourself in to the issuing court, with or without an attorney. On felony charges, the defendant must be personally present at every court hearing and appearance. Turning yourself in voluntarily will result in a better outcome than being brought in chains to court after arrest on the warrant.

You’ll try to negotiate a recall of the warrant[s] and seek bail reduction or OR release. You’ll try to negotiate a plea bargain on any ‘Failure to Appear’ charge or probation violation that caused the warrant. You’ll try to negotiate a plea bargain or take to trial the outstanding charge that led to the warrant.

Unless you're competent to effectively represent yourself in court against a professional prosecutor trying to put you in jail, most people hire an attorney who can. If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, feel free to contact me.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648