Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Will u get a better case if bail out of jail before for trial?

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

Your question does not make sense

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

Speaking for myself, I always like clients to be out of jail. It is easier for the lawyer to meet with them and its easier for the client to find witnesses and evidence to support him/her at trial. If you are bailing out prior to arraignment or shortly thereafter, it makes it easier to waive time. Waiving time in many cases, and check with your attorney on this one, has beneficial effects over the long run. It gives the attorney more time to prepare for trial, find witnesses, get experts and prepare evidence. It also makes it easier for the client to obtain proper clothes for trial. At the same time if you are bailing out a couple of days before trial you have to consider the cost of bailing out when the judge may remand you immediately after trial. The decision as to whether to bail out vary from case to case and without knowing more about your case I cannot advise you about what steps you should take.

I agree with Mr. Shapiro if the client is going to be of assistance in preparing the defense of his or her case. If the client is going to be a flight risk and of no help, then I prefer them to stay in custody.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California