California  |  Criminal Law

So about a year and I have ago, I have committed a theft ( around $40 worth) in CA.

I was arrested and received a paper (I think it was a citation) from the cops. I didnt have to pay fines or go to jail ( it was my first offense). Will this be on my record? If so then how can I get rid of it?

Answered on: 7/17/13, 12:56 am by Terry A. Nelson

You have an arrest record, forever.

It sounds like you entered a plea 'deal' and thus have a conviction on your record.

Petty theft is a conviction that can be 'expunged' by proper Petition to the court. If you’re serious about doing this, feel free to contact me for the legal help you'll need.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Answered on: 7/17/13, 4:11 pm by Anthony Roach

I don't know where Mr. Nelson gets the idea that you made a plea deal. All you have told us is that you received a citation. You need to get this looked into, because if you did not go to court as requested by the citation, you may have a bench warrant issued against you.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311