Legal Question in Discrimination Law in California

my future husbend

we have been together for over 4years and he was convicted as a sex-offender for having consensual sex with a 17 year old girl (that's what was said)...how can i lower his conviction?., i am so stressed out, crying all the time because of this....i know and talked to the girl herself and she gives me mix answers i know this is wrong to do...but i wanted to know the real truth because i know he wouldn't do such a harsh and terrible crime....please help

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: my future husbend

You don't 'lower' a conviction; you might appeal if there is still time and you can afford it.

OCEAN BEACH ASSOCIATES OCEAN BEACH ASSOCIATES

Re: my future husbend

It is possible to have such records sometimes removed. It is a difficult process and you would need to pay attorney fees which may be high due to the protracted process. Contact me directly.

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE

Re: my future husbend

First of all, you need to look up the case at the courthouse and find out what he was really convicted of (pay a private investigator if you have to).

Then, talk to a lawyer and find out if it is possible to get the registration requirement lifted and what it would cost to try.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in California