Legal Question in Discrimination Law in California

my future husbend

we have been together for over 4years and he was convicted as a sex-offender for having consensual sex with a 17 year old girl (that's what was said) can i lower his conviction?., i am so stressed out, crying all the time because of this....i know and talked to the girl herself and she gives me mix answers i know this is wrong to do...but i wanted to know the real truth because i know he wouldn't do such a harsh and terrible crime....please help

Asked on 9/10/07, 12:05 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: my future husbend

You don't 'lower' a conviction; you might appeal if there is still time and you can afford it.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/07, 1:30 pm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: my future husbend

It is possible to have such records sometimes removed. It is a difficult process and you would need to pay attorney fees which may be high due to the protracted process. Contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/07, 1:42 pm
Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: my future husbend

First of all, you need to look up the case at the courthouse and find out what he was really convicted of (pay a private investigator if you have to).

Then, talk to a lawyer and find out if it is possible to get the registration requirement lifted and what it would cost to try.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/07, 12:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now