California  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/23/13, 1:16 pm

If someone has 2 bench warrants in California for DUI's from 10 years ago, will the Live Scan fingerprinting bring that up? If so will it inform the police/Superior Courts/future employer?

2 Answers

Answered on: 8/26/13, 10:39 am by CHAD MADDOX

It will show the convictions and/or arrests the warrants are based on, it will not show the actual warrant.

Fair chance the warrants are no longer in the system at all given their age.

Contact my office for additional guidance, I would need to ask you some simple questions to give you a more detailed answer. 714-695-1500

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of CHAD MADDOX 5120 E. La Palma Avenue, Suite # 207 Anaheim, CA 92807

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 8/26/13, 2:02 pm by Terry A. Nelson

...bring that up? Yes.

... inform police/Superior Courts/future employer?

Yes, as to the employer if they ordered the LiveScan.

As as to police, you just gave them a current address to go for arresting you.

Unfortunately, warrants are 'forever' and are maintained in the DOJ / FBI database record along with record or every arrest, every charge filed, and every conviction. That is the reason the database is maintained.

You need to 'handle' the warrants. To do so, you MUST turn yourself in to the issuing court, with or without an attorney. On misdemeanors and infractions, an attorney can appear in court without the defendant being present – which is safer and avoids immediately being taken into custody. You’ll try to negotiate a recall of the warrant[s] and seek bail reduction or OR release. You’ll try to negotiate a plea bargain on any ‘Failure to Appear’ charge or probation violation that caused the warrant. You’ll try to negotiate a plea bargain or take to trial the outstanding charge that led to the warrant. Unless you're competent to effectively represent yourself in court against a professional prosecutor trying to put you in jail, most people hire an attorney who can. With such old cases, you have a chance for a decent plea bargain I would guess.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, feel free to contact me.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search