California  |  DUI Law

can i be charged with a dui on private property truck not running and keys not in ignition in la county

Answered on: 4/03/13, 4:48 pm by Terry A. Nelson

CAN you?

Yes.

I assume you already have been.

Whether you can be convicted is a different question.

When charged with any crime, the proper questions are, can any evidence obtained in a test, search or statement be used against you, can you be convicted, and what can you do? Raise all appropriate defenses with whatever witnesses, evidence and sympathies are available. If you don't know how to represent yourself effectively against an experienced prosecutor intending to convict, then hire an attorney who does, who will try to get a dismissal, charge reduction, diversion, programs, or other decent outcome through motions, plea bargain, or take it to trial if appropriate.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me. Iíll be happy to help fight and get the best outcome possible, using whatever defenses and sympathies there may be.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648