California  |  DUI Law

A few weeks ago I was pulled over after having a couple drinks and was given the field tests which I passed and then the breathalyzer test, he didn't tell me what I blew just that it wasn't legal. So he took me to the station where I blew a .07 I was not booked and able to call my sister to have her pick me up. I did still get a ticket to take to court which says that I was driving under the influence of alcohol, but it doesn't say what I blew. What will happen?

Answered on: 4/19/13, 11:36 am by Steven Mandell

The prosecutor may file the DUI charges against you, and any number of things can happen to you as a result. It's not possible to just list them here - it's better to talk about them because every case depends on its own facts and the ultimate outcome is never known in advance. Even tho you blew a .07, and the "legal limit" is .08, the Vehicle Code says that anyone with a .05 or greater can be under the influence of alcohol. You should probably have a consultation with a criminal lawyer experienced in DUI matters. Most criminal lawyers give free consultations. If you'd like to speak to me about it, please don't hesitate to call me. Good luck. Steve Mandell 310 393 0639

Law Offices of Steven R. Mandell 1541 Ocean Avenue, Suite 200 Santa Monica, CA 90401-2199