Legal Question in Education Law in California

i applied for asylum , i gave my bio metrics too. Interview date came but it got cancelled by asylum office and still i'm waiting for the date. while i attended college i have fee to pay . But since i cant afford it its very difficult at this time and they are trying to give it to collection company. I tried to mail dean but got no response. is there any fee waiver programme for me?

Andrew Harrell W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law

Which school is this? Liability for debts may vary between public and private schools. I am not aware of asylum status necessarily waiving or delay obligations to pay a debt, though this may be the case for certain federally funded or guaranteed loans. I'm not sure if a Dean would necessarily be the one to contact regarding student fees. That is usually another department/division within a school.

More Education Law questions and answers in California