California  |  Education Law

i applied for asylum , i gave my bio metrics too. Interview date came but it got cancelled by asylum office and still i'm waiting for the date. while i attended college i have fee to pay . But since i cant afford it its very difficult at this time and they are trying to give it to collection company. I tried to mail dean but got no response. is there any fee waiver programme for me?

Answered on: 5/30/13, 3:55 pm by Andrew Harrell

Which school is this? Liability for debts may vary between public and private schools. I am not aware of asylum status necessarily waiving or delay obligations to pay a debt, though this may be the case for certain federally funded or guaranteed loans. I'm not sure if a Dean would necessarily be the one to contact regarding student fees. That is usually another department/division within a school.

W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law 250 Pacific Ave., Suite 407 Long Beach, CA 90802