California  |  Education Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/20/13, 12:42 pm

I am a non-custodial parent. Am I entitled to communicate with my child's school in regards to behavioral issues, grades, school records requests, suspicous bruising on my child and when the school officals/staff tells you that your child came to them saying that my child stated that her father is bullying her and that she is getting pushed around.

I wanted to know if a school can halt all communication with a non-custodial parent without a court order. It does not state anywhere in our parenting plan that I can not have access to my child's records. Here is what the parenting plan states: "Both parents shall have access to the child's medical, therapy, dental and school records.

So I wanted to know if the school can ban, halt, stop or refuse to not communicate with me regarding my child's education or education records with me or the issues I listed above?

If they are not permitted to halt, stop, ban or refuse to communicate with me where is the Federal or State law that says this.

Thank You

I am seeking an attorney that is not going to give me a smarta@@ answer like a past attorney did. I have seen him on here and he has been rude to several people not just myself so please I am seeking an attorney that will give me a clear answer and also possibly retain thier services.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search