California  |  Education Law

I am a non-custodial parent. Am I entitled to communicate with my child's school in regards to behavioral issues, grades, school records requests, suspicous bruising on my child and when the school officals/staff tells you that your child came to them saying that my child stated that her father is bullying her and that she is getting pushed around.

I wanted to know if a school can halt all communication with a non-custodial parent without a court order. It does not state anywhere in our parenting plan that I can not have access to my child's records. Here is what the parenting plan states: "Both parents shall have access to the child's medical, therapy, dental and school records.

So I wanted to know if the school can ban, halt, stop or refuse to not communicate with me regarding my child's education or education records with me or the issues I listed above?

If they are not permitted to halt, stop, ban or refuse to communicate with me where is the Federal or State law that says this.

Thank You

I am seeking an attorney that is not going to give me a smarta@@ answer like a past attorney did. I have seen him on here and he has been rude to several people not just myself so please I am seeking an attorney that will give me a clear answer and also possibly retain thier services.