California  |  Education Law

My son passed his drug test when I took him to be drug tested and they said I took him to late. It was only 3 days after because it was on a weekend. They got him to confess anyway to smoking pot and doing cocaine. He has not done this his drug test confirms this. My son is 15 years old and asked to speak to me( his mom ) first before confession. Then the principal said no and refused to let him speak to his mom and drilled my son into a false confession. They will not let him into school again until the district meting. I need a good lawyer who knows DUI law and about the school system in Poway. We have a district meting in poway school district. Please help I need a good lawyer to tell me can they drill my son without parent notified first? They refused to let him call.

Answered on: 8/29/13, 10:11 pm by John Laurie

You need someone like our firm who deals with school and education law. A DUI attorney will not be what you need. Would want to know more facts before I could formulate an opinion. I would suggest calling the local bar association to see if they can refer you to someone.

www.gertzandlaurie.com

818 345-0123

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356

Answered on: 8/30/13, 7:39 am by Andrew Harrell

This is an administrative matter with respect to (I suppose) a hearing before the school board. When is the hearing? Has your child been suspended from school?

W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law 250 Pacific Ave., Suite 407 Long Beach, CA 90802