California  |  Education Law

Can I sue my post secondary school, California College San Diego for fraud or misrepresentation because when i enrolled, I specifically asked the admissions officer if the degree i would be getting would be recognized in any other state as such, she told me yes. She specifically told me they were nationally accredited and i found out that was a huge lie. Now ive quit their program and im in debt almost $40,000 for the time i spent there. I told the admissions officer ver batem " I DO NOT want to waste my time and money in this program if i cannot take it with me anywhere i move in the US and have it be recognized as completing a course of study prescribed for earning my associates degree in this field." They are now hounding me for the huge outstanding negstive balance i owe them. I want to sue them for lying about their accreditation because if i had known the truth i would have never ever enrolled at that school and end up owing thousands of dollars i dont have.

Answered on: 9/14/13, 7:58 am by Andrew Harrell

All of the statements by this admission officer are fraudulent misrepresentations. Fraud is difficult to prove, but hopefully you have something in writing. We'd be glad to represent you. We are one of the few plaintiff's attorneys representing students and faculty in cases against higher education institutions in the U.S.

W. Andrew Harrell, Attorney at Law 250 Pacific Ave., Suite 407 Long Beach, CA 90802

Answered on: 9/15/13, 9:35 pm by John Laurie

It depends upon a variety of other factors. Our office does school law so we would be happy to speak with you. I would want to see all materials that you were given.

www.gertzandlaurie.com

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356