Legal Question in Elder Law in California

I have evidence of financial abuse of a mentally ill elderly couple by their executor. However, I don't know if I got the evidence legally. I have bank statements and copies of checks, it proves large amount are written on check made out to the executor to the executor. As well as proof they are spending the couples money on themselves. Should I report it? Could I get in trouble for how I got the evidence? Thanks!

Asked on 9/02/12, 9:07 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you obtained the vidence illegally, you may get in trouble. See a lawyer first for legal advice before you do anything. Alternatively you can send the evidence to law enforcement anonymously.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/12, 9:12 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are morally obligated to report it, regardless of other factors. Contact the police and ask for confidentiality if you are worried.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/12, 11:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now