Legal Question in Family Law in California

2010 I filed for child support and visitation. Judgement was entered and the court found irreconcilable differences and grants a judgement for dissolution of marriage.I, the petitioner am to prepare the judgement. I never did but my husband did and asked me many times to sign it. I would not sign it because we are so highly in debt including college loans for my daughter in my name. I told him to file his judgement with the court, unaware I was to prepare the judgement. June 18 he filed the judgement, June 27 he responded and on August 3 I received the judgement from the court stating "the court must return the judgement as it is missing signatures. Make corrections and resubmit." I did not resubmit them and we have court in the morning. What am I to expect? Can I ask for a continuance and file a new judgement that includes our debt?

The court signs the judgment, not the parties. Are you referring to a Marriage Settlement Agreement ("MSA") that would get attached to a judgment?

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California