California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/19/13, 2:47 pm

2010 I filed for child support and visitation. Judgement was entered and the court found irreconcilable differences and grants a judgement for dissolution of marriage.I, the petitioner am to prepare the judgement. I never did but my husband did and asked me many times to sign it. I would not sign it because we are so highly in debt including college loans for my daughter in my name. I told him to file his judgement with the court, unaware I was to prepare the judgement. June 18 he filed the judgement, June 27 he responded and on August 3 I received the judgement from the court stating "the court must return the judgement as it is missing signatures. Make corrections and resubmit." I did not resubmit them and we have court in the morning. What am I to expect? Can I ask for a continuance and file a new judgement that includes our debt?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search