Legal Question in Family Law in California

2010 I filed for child support and visitation. Judgement was entered and the court found irreconcilable differences and grants a judgement for dissolution of marriage.I, the petitioner am to prepare the judgement. I never did but my husband did and asked me many times to sign it. I would not sign it because we are so highly in debt including college loans for my daughter in my name. I told him to file his judgement with the court, unaware I was to prepare the judgement. June 18 he filed the judgement, June 27 he responded and on August 3 I received the judgement from the court stating "the court must return the judgement as it is missing signatures. Make corrections and resubmit." I did not resubmit them and we have court in the morning. What am I to expect? Can I ask for a continuance and file a new judgement that includes our debt?

Asked on 8/19/13, 2:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The court signs the judgment, not the parties. Are you referring to a Marriage Settlement Agreement ("MSA") that would get attached to a judgment?

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 9:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now