California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/21/13, 12:21 pm

I have a 10 year old son who has autism. I have 100% both physical & legal custody. His dad sees him 2 Saturday's a month and has never been to one dr. appt. or IEP meeting. He is not involved in any way other than to see him twice a month. I have had a boyfriend for the last 5 years that is thoroughly involved, as well as his family and treats him as part of their family. I am very worried about, if I should die or lose the capacity to make decisions, what will happen to my son. I want to have it in my will that my boyfriend be his legal guardian, while his dad will still remain his dad and visitation would not change. How would I go about doing this?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search