California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/14/13, 12:31 pm

I am on the birth certificate of my son. I am not the biological father. Do I have the same rights? Biological was a donor. Mother is wanting to now restrict my visitation. Can I take her to court for custody agreement? hes 8 months old.Or do I need to legally adopt him?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/14/13, 3:02 pm by Anthony Roach

You should speak to an attorney who is thoroughly familiar with California's paternity laws. One of the first questions I would have for you is whether or not you signed a voluntary declaration of paternity (VDOP), not whether you are listed on a birth certificate. I would also want to know what interaction you had in this child's life since birth, and whether you were aware there was a donor.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search