California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/25/13, 5:31 pm

My child custody visitation orders state that I get a summer vacation with my daughter for up to two weeks from June until August. I just have to give the mother 30 days notice. I gave her thirty days notice and now she says she has plans on that weekend. How can I dispute this and get my daughter?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/06/13, 9:28 pm by Joseph Waters

First, try to negotiate a different time for your vacation over the summer. If you eventually have to go to Court to resolve this, the judge will want to see you made efforts to resolve this outside of Court. If that does not work, you could go into Court and ask for an order which would set a specific date range you can exercise your visitation. If your ex-wife is deliberately interfering with your court-ordered visitation, it can result in severe repercussions.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Joseph Patrick Waters, Esq. 1930 South Coast Highway, Suite 100 Oceanside, CA 92058

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search