Legal Question in Family Law in California

My child custody visitation orders state that I get a summer vacation with my daughter for up to two weeks from June until August. I just have to give the mother 30 days notice. I gave her thirty days notice and now she says she has plans on that weekend. How can I dispute this and get my daughter?

Joseph Waters Joseph Patrick Waters, Esq.

First, try to negotiate a different time for your vacation over the summer. If you eventually have to go to Court to resolve this, the judge will want to see you made efforts to resolve this outside of Court. If that does not work, you could go into Court and ask for an order which would set a specific date range you can exercise your visitation. If your ex-wife is deliberately interfering with your court-ordered visitation, it can result in severe repercussions.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California