Legal Question in Family Law in California

I'd like to have my child support modified. My son is 17. Is this possible? I have had him 99% of the time since he was 8 years old. His child support was based on a 50% custody arrangement. Is it too late to have it raised for this last year?

Asked on 5/25/13, 7:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can't retroactively have it raised, but you can have it modified as of the date you file the request for order or motion to have it increased.

Read more
Answered on 5/25/13, 11:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now