California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/19/09, 5:33 pm

Child visitation and travel

My partner wishes to travel with me over state lines with his two children (he does not have either legal or physical custody) during his visitation time. The court order only discusses ''whens'' not ''where'', but ex is claiming he must get her consent prior to taking kids on vacation (which she oddly doesn't feel like giving). Is this true? The only thing I could find in the state code referred to moving the child's residence, not going on a weekend trip.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search