California  |  Family Law

Hello, I have a very complicated situation. I am in the United States Navy, currently located in Norfolk, VA. On June 7, I will permanently changing duty stations to Pt. Mugu, CA (79 Miles away from home) I currently have a daughter, I am not married to the mother. We recently broke up and are in a battle for custody of our daughter. I am not on the birth certificate as i was on deployment when she was born. No DNA test has been done, but i have been constantly trying to be in my daughters life. Since I cannot prove to the navy that she is my daughter, she is not on my page 2, therefore is not recieving dependant BAH or Tricare insurance coverage.

My daughter's mother (we'll refer to her as K) is currently working at target, part time, and is going to school to be a cosmetologist. K currently lives with her mother, and my daughter is covered by insurance from the government since she is so young (1 year 3 months) I was wondering, if i can get a DNA test done, what my chances are of having a majority of physical custody of my daughter when i move to california.