California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/02/13, 9:39 pm

If I take my daughter with me before a divorce can I be charged with kidnapping?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/03/13, 6:13 pm by Daphne Macklin

It is not clear what you are saying in this question. If the question is whether you can take the child out of state, that will depend on two things: First are you married to the other parent and second, is there an existing custody or parenting order? You want to consult with a family law attorney before taking any action that could have difficult and negative consequences, as in being charge with kidnapping.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Daphne L. Macklin P.O. Box 661702 Sacramento, CA 95866

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search