Legal Question in Family Law in California

Hi, so my daughter's father wants to take my daughter to Colorado to visit his family. I was fine with it until I discovered that he wouldn't be staying there with her, and she is only three. When I expressed this to him he informed me that him and his mother had already booked the flight and it would cost $498 to change it. A cost he tells me I have to pay since they had already booked the flight. So my question is am I obligated to pay this?

Gary R. White Burton & White

Not unless there is a court order. Your daughter's father cannot take your child to another state and leave her there for a visit, if you objection. And with a three year old you have every right to object.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California