Legal Question in Family Law in California

How do I take a default in a divorce case? There is no response filed and court clerk rejects my last two requests for default. They told me I got to get a judgment and kicked the next hearing out 90 days and said that was plenty of time to get one.

Asked on 11/15/13, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It's a two part operation. First you must request the clerk's entry of default, then you must apply for a default judgment. You may not be filling out the paperwork correctly.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/13, 10:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now