California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/07/13, 9:51 pm

I have a divorce case pending in San Mateo county, California. I had the divorce papers served on the respondent by substitute service at a UPS store (usual place of mailing) pursuant to California Family Code Section 2331/CCP Code 415.20. The respondent does not have a physical address because he is homeless. My judgment packet was submitted and after waiting several months, the commissioner rejected my judgment due to "improper service". Is there a way to fight this ruling? If so, how?? I'm acting as pro per and do not have the financial means to afford an attorney. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search