Legal Question in Family Law in California

In my divorce dissolution papers (FL-180) there is a page attached (FL-343) specifically under court orders 6a. It states that the petitioner (my ex husband) is to pay respondent (me) $zero per month.

Our financial settlement is simply to split IRA' s and that's all I intend to agree to. I am unrepresented and I think this is a trick from my ex's lawyer to have me unknowingly sign off future alimony. Can they have really snuck that in? I'm scared to sign anything but I really need the money to live on and they know that and so they keep stalling. Can you help me?

The issue is whether you waive your right to seek spousal support in writing. It seems to me that box 4 should be checked at this time, not 6.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California