Legal Question in Family Law in California

In my divorce dissolution papers (FL-180) there is a page attached (FL-343) specifically under court orders 6a. It states that the petitioner (my ex husband) is to pay respondent (me) $zero per month.

Our financial settlement is simply to split IRA' s and that's all I intend to agree to. I am unrepresented and I think this is a trick from my ex's lawyer to have me unknowingly sign off future alimony. Can they have really snuck that in? I'm scared to sign anything but I really need the money to live on and they know that and so they keep stalling. Can you help me?

Asked on 6/23/13, 11:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The issue is whether you waive your right to seek spousal support in writing. It seems to me that box 4 should be checked at this time, not 6.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/13, 5:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now